4.28.2013

♥ SUNDAY MATINEE ♥ SAY ANYTHING AND THE LOVELY IONE SKYE ♥



I really cannot believe I never ever saw the movie "Say Anything" starring John Cusack and Ione Skye...until yesterday. I'm probably the only person on the planet who didn't know what that Peter Gabriel "In Your Eyes" scene where he's holding the boombox above his head meant. I have no idea why I never saw it. I don't think it was ever on TV like some of the other films were...over and over and over (esp "Some Kind of Wonderful" which I  love). So I finally did it and watched it and it was good. It was a typical teen love crush heartache heartbreak 80's kind of film. I would have probably put it in my top ten film list  had I seen it when I was 13. But seeing it now, I kept thinking how beautiful Ione Skye was...(John Cusack is a genius actor and it was cool to see him again in something new...plus, Jeremy Piven of "Mr. Selfridge" (love that show) and "Entourage" has a tiny role, too...though he looks pretty much the same now as he did then). So I thought (since I could not find a full film video to post up), I'd post the trailer and include some lovely pics of Ione Skye. As far as I remember, she married and divorced my favorite Beastie Boy Ad-Rock. I remember seeing their photos in teen magazines. She was with Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman) before that. I think she's now married to Ben Lee (who used to be with Clare Danes).  I also think she's the sister of hottie Donovan Leitch (who is married to old-school model Kirsty Hume) and the daughter of 60's folk singer Donovan. (She actually looks a lot like her dad...click his name and see how much.) She is such a timeless beauty. I see her look in so many campaigns and shoots and films, still, to this day. ♥

she's so pretty in "say anything"


with john cusack in say anything


this could be any girl today.


her brother and babe donovan leitch and his wife former model kristy hume (i used to love her)





with red hot chili peppers frontman anthony kiedis...they look so happy together in every photo i saw of them.


more sunday matinee ♥ brigitte bardot

No comments: